Pages

Saturday 16 April 2011

Love poetry


A man meets a kind lady,
With her dark, long hair.
A smile is up on her face,
Because his love is there.

He whispers suprisingly,
"I'm gonna take you home."
Blush rises to her cheeks,
For, she won't ever be alone.

After years have gone,
Her brown hair has to fade.
He still looks out at her,
Because a promise was made.

"I'm gonna take you home."

Eventually the shock comes,
His young love of a wife was ill.
After finding there's no cure,
This man sits beside her, still.

She looks right up at him,
And he asks what he can do.
After a moment, she thought,
"Firstly, say 'I love you.'

He takes her hand in his,
And sees the love they share.
He says to her, "My darling,
My love will always be there."

"I'm gonna take you home."

After a few days together,
The man knows what they hold.
He brings to her, this diary,
Before time, they'd grown old.

His wife was fading, slowly,
And there was a place to be.
For, when they grew together,
This place was what they'd see.

But before disaster striked,
He saw what was coming near.
He took his wife in his arms,
And told her that he was "here".

He stood up, frail and weak,
And said she won't be alone.
He strolled out hospital doors,
Telling her, right then and there:

"I'm gonna take you home." 

No comments:

Post a Comment